Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Why did you get each of your dolls?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member AngieBelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2002
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Samantha- my choice for my first doll for my 9th birthday. I liked her frilly dresses and that she had brown hair like me.

    Felicity- with Mom owning Kirsten, and my sis getting Molly, she was the only one left at the time that we didn't already have when I got to have a 2nd doll for Hanukkah at age 11.

    Hannah Rose- I really wanted to buy an AGT with my allowence that year. I couldn't decide and even had all the squares with their pics cut out so I could look them over and catagorize them so I could maybe narrow it down. I finally went with black hair and brown eyes on my mom's suggestion because she was so different looking.

    Josefina- 16th birthday. Mom had bought Addy for herself when she premired, and Josefina was the new girl. I was eager to have a new historical.

    Kit- 19th birthday, again the only historical we didn't have, plus I fell in love with the era.

    Sammie- a 2nd hand late 80s/early 90s Samantha, childhood doll of an online friend who wanted to donate her to an AG lover.

    Nellie- well, with Samantha being my long time fav, I had to get her too! (23rd birthday)

    Elizabeth- 24th birthday, to go with Felicity, although to me, she isn't the Elizabeth from the books.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member adorevintage's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2006
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I only have Kirsten and I got her for my birthday (after wishing for years! HAHA)

  3. #3
    Inactive Member heidiabigail's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2005
    Posts
    688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i had my heart set on Kirsten for years, and finally received her from my parents on my eighth birthday.

    AG2 I bought myself a few years later to be Singing Bird, kirsten's friend.

    I won Kaya in a drawing at Hallmark the year she was released.

    I bought Felicity on Ebay for $30 because she was wearing her work gown, and the deal was too good to pass up.

    I bought Josefina because I think she is beautiful and I found her picture on ebay and couldn't resist

    I bought Marisol because I liked album pictures I saw and she was LE, so I wanted to get her just in case (I figured I could always resell.)but I do love her!

    I bought AG21 to replace the Nellie I bought (I was so disappointed with Nellie! She had glue in her hair, i didn't like her coloring and her freckles were so ridiculous looking)

    I bought Kit on ebay because I found one that was too cute to pass up

    My (ex)fiancee bought me Addy from a board member for my birthday

    I bought Jess because she is so adorable, is a new face mold, has great hair and is LE

  4. #4
    AmericanGirlLover2982
    Guest AmericanGirlLover2982's Avatar
    Kaiely because she was my first doll and I fell in love her pictures when I looked at her on line so I brought her, and bcause I had gone to the Yankee game and had a Yankee Jacket and no doll. LOL That was August 2003

    Samantha:because she was always my favorite American Girl Collection doll when I was a little girl and she looks most like me. Grandma brought me her right before my 22nd birthday before she died. Samantha has sentimentel value on her because shes the last thing my Grandma brought me. Febuary 2004 my 22nd Birthday

    Nellie:came after a couple months later because she was Samantha's Best Friend and I had to have her and because she was Irish and DH is Irish so shes our Irish girl. December 2004 Christmas

    Pre-Mattel 1993 Felicity:Given to me by a board member on here for my 23rd birthday, Lorie Mom_to_an_AmericanGirl. She knew I wanted Felicity she had an extra one and gave me her for my birthday. Febuary 2005 23rd Birthday

    Elizabeth:I brought her becaise of the all the pretty pictures everyone kept putting up here on hostbaord and could resist not having her anymore and because she was Felicity's best freind. October 2005

    Baby Polly & Cradle: I brought Baby Polly even though she is an acessory I consider one of my girls and part of the family. I brought her because she is Felicity's little sister and because she was too cute. December 2005

    Jess:I broguth Jess with my tax money and fell in love wth because I thought she was too cute nad again because she was Irish and she soon became Nellie's counterpart being the Irish girl in the house. She was my 24th birthday present to myself.Febuary 2006 24th Birhtday

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Nethilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2006
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Addy: A christmas present from my MIL, after wanting her ever since the day she came out.

    Naomi: bought her on ebay as a fixer upper.

  6. #6
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    Felicity -I couldn't decide between her and Kirsten (I had only read Kirsten's, Samantha's and Molly's books at the time)...but my mom suggested Felicity because we both have red hair! So my mom bought me Lissie's books and I bought Lissie with Christmas/birthday money and she became my favorite historical! (late Dec. 1997/early Jan. 1998)

    Susie Mae -I found this site in Novemeber after googling AG because of Felicity's movie. And I saw everyone's lovely pictures of AGT#24! So my dad got her for me! (Christmas 2005)

    Kirsten -She is my 2nd favorite of the historicals so I bought her (Jan. 2006)

    Kaya -When I first saw her in the catalog I didn't want her at all. But after seeing her in members' albums, I fell in love with her. And she's my first AG with a different facemold (Feb. 2006)

    Hannah Olivia -I had always wanted a bitty baby and decided to buy her (Feb. 2006)

    Samantha -found her with a little help on ebay and decided that she will be a very late bday present/Mother's Day present for my mom! (March 2006)

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 17, 2006 03:29 PM: Message edited by: Felicity_Fan85 ]</font>

  7. #7
    I*love*dolls
    Guest I*love*dolls's Avatar

    Post

    Nice topic!

    Samantha: I was 6 when I found out about the meet books, but had no idea there was 5 other books (and DOLLS for heavens sake!!!) and I took out Meet Samantha like SIX times. I read it over and over and over in one and a half years and then one Christmas a small miracle happened....my best friend got Kit. THERE WERE DOLLS TOO!!!!!!!! I was turning 8 the next fall and I, of course, chose Samantha to be my little lovely. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Kit: I am not sure. She looked most like me at the time (befre Nellie came out) and I liked her outfit. That's basically it. Hey, I was only 9! Who thinks logically then?

    Kirsten: Many reasons. Like her long hair, the time period, her clothes, her long hair, her being blonde, her books...EVERYTHING!!!!

    Elizabeth: I was saving for a doll when she came out! I had the money and she was blow away beautiful. What other reason do I need?

    Addy: My first grade teacher read us her stories and we were so little and got so excited when we finished a book. Just some awesome memories made her be mine.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member christhedolllady's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2004
    Posts
    85
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Kelsey-(AGOT brwn/brwn) - I bought her at AGPC as a birthday present from myself & DH. I originally wanted Samantha as I had admired her for years but the AGOT spoke to me.

    Kitku (AGOT4) DH bought her for me as a Christmas present. I named her after a Wolverine Fan Fiction character.

    Kirsten - Another birthday present from myself & DH. I grew up watching Little House on the Prairie so I wanted a pioneer doll.

    Nellie - another birthday present. She is Irish (like me & DH) had freckles (like me) and I liked her strawberry blonde hair.

    Amanda (AGOT red/brwn) A Christmas present from DH. She is my mini-me.

    Marisol - My first LE bought with money I received for Christmas. She is from Chicago and I just fell in love with her.

    Jess - Christmas 2005 present from DH. I wanted another doll to be Japanese (Kitku is Chinese) and I also liked her Irish heritage. I feel her arrival was anticlimatic as I had food poisoning and was in my 37th week of pregnancy.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member jessicasturm's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2005
    Posts
    923
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Molly- saved up for her when I was 10, really wanted an American Girl doll.

    Addy- Christmas present from my parents when I was 13, was so excited!

    Rachel- Always wanted a short haired girl, and wished there was one with freckles and curles, she was the perfect match, plus she is Jewish (I'm half Jewish and was always sad there wasn't a Jewish girl).

    Violet- Hostboard members got me interested in a today girl and a travel doll, so she is both of these for me.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member jessicasturm's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2005
    Posts
    923
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry, double post.

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 17, 2006 04:17 PM: Message edited by: FarmhouseGirl ]</font>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •